Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My friend Tommy and I were talking about what a bummer it would be if we drowned in a river in the winter. Your lungs fill with water AND you're really cold; sounds pretty lame. During this discussion I started thinking about what songs I'd want played at my funeral, were I to drown. Here's my list, but feel free to comment with tracks I may have missed.

1. "The Water Is Wide," Lillith Fair version w/Sarah McLachlan, Jewel, and The Indigo Girls
2. "Drowning" by the Backstreet Boys
3. "Old Man River" with Michael Clark Duncan singing
4. "Nightswimming" by REM
5. "And The Hero Will Drown" by Story Of The Year
6. "Swim" by Lil' Mama
7. "Let Me Entertain You" by Natalie Wood
8. "Surfin' Safari" by the Beach Boys
9. "Congratulations" by The Rolling Stones
10. "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley

No comments: