So birthday weekend is officially over. Shouts out to George Lucas for FINALLY putting out a Star Wars movie on my birthday, but a big fuck you to him for making me so saddened by the franchise that I refused to go see it.
Instead I went to see Tropic Thunder with my dearest Em and almost passed out from laughing. I think that somebody in Hollywood has finally agreed that Paul, Steve, Jr. and I have the best senses of humor on the planet and movies should be written with us in mind at all times. Go see it, Robert Downey Jr. is scrumtrulescent. The fact that he gave breath to a dying franchise with Iron Man and then took this role as a follow-up gives me hope for the future of the arts.
Went with Emily to Pittsburgh Blue for dinner and had my good friend Drew course out a meal truly fit for a king and queen. Oysters, scallops, Alaskan King crab, salmon, and a 16oz. bone-in filet done rare-medium rare, all washed down with a 1997 Mersault and a 2005 Stag’s Leap Artemis. Shouts out to Scott Munns for introducing me to that velvet-in-a-bottle cab. It was finished with a carmel/brownie cake and ice cream with a reisling and a snifter of Grand Marnier 150th to end the experience. If this is how I starts, 29 is going to be a really good year.
Em came through again in the present department, scoring with a trifecta of 1.) The Diesel watch I coveted 2.) A custom-made T-shirt that says, “I’m not your fucking iPod” to wear in the DJ booth, and 3.) The only cologne I can’t find but HAD to have. I gots ma work cut out with this one, good thing I have a start on her birthday already!!!!
As you may have heard or not, I took a promotion with the company I work for, so I’m finally not going to be working every weekend night. I can finally be a real person! I get salary and medical/dental on a group plan, and the joy of knowing I actually feel good the people that own the company. I’ll be traveling a bit more (sorry Em!) but I think once I get used to it it’ll be a great move for me. I’ll still be with my Maz at Aqua on Thursdays, but no more every Fri-Sat.
I’ve been succeeding on the weight loss plan but my progress has slowed slightly. Zero to 2 lbs. per week is healthy I’m told, so it looks like I just gotta roll with that. One benefit is I’ve been biking 10 miles 5 days a week, and really love the people watching. From a guy walking his 2 parrots, to hairy, stinky gay hippies, to bicycle polo (no shit, they actually play polo on their bikes with padding and all!!), to girls jogging in bikinis, I get to see it all and I get to pick the soundtrack. The iPod is the only reason that I am falling in love with working out. No one can bother me, it’s just me and the music not thinking about how out of shape I am or how much my thighs are burning. Just Kanye rappin’, “Don’t worry ‘bout how my wrist got so freeze, cause kinda like Doritos man that’s not yo cheese, and her friends is like Frito man I’m tryin’ to lay…”
Kanye, Common, Outkast, Luda, and Hov, please save rap. Again.
On a side note, I saw a guy running with a t-shirt from Oshkosh, WI a few days ago, and it just reinforced my infatuation with giggling at MN’s retarded little brother Wisconsin. It was the good-better-best 3 panel format. The first panel, labeled good, was a stick figure of a man holding his stick woman’s hand. The second, labeled better, had the same stickman now with a lady on either side and holding both hands. The third panel, labeled best, (and here’s where the shirt lost me) had a diagram of a plane on it. Just a plane. I get it, there’s a big airshow every year there, but did you really need a T-shirt that says you think planes are better than sex and threesomes?? Either you’ve never tried sex, you’re doing it wrong, or I’ve been on the wrong planes. So idiot brother, let’s make a trade. You tell me about the neat planes, I’ll tell you what a vagina feels like. Are we even??!
Big ups to Daniel Tosh there.
Also as you may or may not know, I’ve been working on a TV show pilot that a friend and I wrote. It’s coming along and we have some interest out there, but for now I’m just crossing my fingers. Anyway, there we are at a Starbucks coffee shop dorkin’ it out and spitballing dialogue, and a gentleman with a suitcase sits down next to me. I glance over and IT’S PATTON OSWALT. Arguably my favorite comic of all time, and he’s next to me writing comedy. I’d love to write the story of what happened, but hearing me tell it is much more fun. Go to iTunes and search 7 corners podcast. I was the guest on the show that night and told the story, so download episode #204 and give it a listen. It’s free, and if you don’t laugh I’ll send you a full refund. I promise.
I leave for Milwaukee Wednesday morning for a week, so I’ll be doing some more travel blogging for sure. Holla atcha playas lata.
BQ
No comments:
Post a Comment